A few weeks ago when we were in Chattanooga, I had a great time exploring all of the new (at least to me) shops and restaurants that are popping up in the city. Some of these have been there for a while, or have just moved and expanded, but I thought they were definitely worth sharing. I was very impressed with my hometown, and can't wait to go back and see what else I've been missing there!
First...we had to hit up Taco Mamacita (in it's original location of course) to have lunch with Beth & Joseph. The Elvez margarita is great - a classic margarita but made with fresh lime juice - it's delicious. I also highly recommend the Mexican Street corn off the cob.
Next, Grady and I went searching for Alchemy Spice Company. He had read an article about them in the Chattanooga paper before we headed there for the weekend, so we thought we'd see if we could find them. They ground and concoct their own spice blends that are super fresh and tasty. While we did discover that they don't really have a "store front" perse, I was able to track down a dealer...Umbra Essence at the foot of Lookout in St. Elmo. We got some of this:
The Voo Doo Powder has been great on a variety of things, but I think my favorite has been The Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes - delicious! Also - this is a LOT of spice for $6.50. We've used it probably on 6 to 8 meals since we got it and it doesn't appear to have been touched yet - trust me it's a good deal!
Then we wondered around 2 North Shore for a while. We stopped in the bike store as well as a few of the interiors stores there...which I really loved. I have made a few trips to B.D. Burke Interiors during my trips home to Chatty, and always find something I love. They have great lighting, home accessories, and much more. A new place for me was C. Martin Collection which I absolutely loved. They have great furniture, lighting, and accessories. I could have spent enough time in there to really drive Grady crazy! We did make a stop in the Trek bike store to take a look at some of his favorite things, and daydream about buying me a bike so I can start riding with him. Here are some pics of these fun places...
B. D. Burke Interiors
Trek Store Chattanooga
C. Martin Collection
There are a ton of other great shops at 2 North Shore...we just didn't have time to visit them all on this trip. You can find clothes, jewelry, accessories, and a whole lot of other things there. It's a very cool little area and definitely worth exploring.
While Grady and Dad played golf on Saturday, mom and I did some more shopping. She took me to Revival in Warehouse Row - and I'm completely in love. This place is amazing! I will definitely be going back every time I'm home. They have the most beautiful pieces, new and antiques with great reclaimed glamour style. I'm obsessed.
I was also very excited to see that a Cosmetic Market has been opened in Warehouse Row. It was a staple for me in Nashville, where I bought all of my make up, a lot of hair products, and whatever else caught my eye. I also had the pleasure of working on the remodel of their sister company Private Edition with Emily while I was in Nashville, and had a blast working with them. Here are some pics of that project just for good measure :)
Okay...getting back on track...I treated myself to some of the Moroccan Oil hair products that are all the rage right now...turns out it's for a reason. I LOVE the oil - I've been using it for three weeks now and it has definitely made a difference in my drying time, and seems to be combating the humidity down here better than anything I've tried so far. We'll see how it holds up against the summer humidity when it gets here, we've just seen the tip of the ice burg so far!
Finally, before heading home, we went to Sophie's in North Shore. I have been there before but absolutely love it, and found several things to add to my wish list. They have a great collection of home goods, florals, jewelry, and more.
I can't wait to make another trip home to discover all of the other great new shops and restaurants in Chattanooga. It has changed so much since I left in 1999 and I really love calling it home. If you haven't been in a while...you may want to plan a trip. It's a fun place!










No comments:
Post a Comment