I am so so late in putting this post up - my apologies (especially to Meaghan and Sara!). I think that all of you who read this know by now that Grady and I are engaged! We got engaged on June 26th (Meaghan - I will always remember your anniversary :)). It was absolutely perfect and he totally shocked me! After having me drive between all of our wedding venues, we finally ended up on the brow of Lookout Mountain overlooking Chattanooga. We talked for a while and enjoyed the view, and as I was turning to get into the car, he grabbed my hand. As I turned around he was on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was completely in shock and honestly can't remember exactly what he said! We went home and celebrated with my parents which was so amazing, and continued to celebrate the following day at church and afterwards. We stayed up late that night reminiscing over how we met and where our relationship has taken us, and how excited we are to see where things will go next. It was such an amazing night, and I will never forget it. Unfortunately, in the midst of the excitement...no pictures were taken (a fault we really really have to work on!)
Part of what made the engagement a complete surprise is that Grady had planned a trip to Northwest Arkansas for us for the next weekend. It worked out perfectly to have a little escape before the wedding planning madness begins. We went to Fayetteville and Eureka Springs and had a blast. Grady went to law school at the University of Arkansas, so I got to see his stomping ground for three years.
Fayetteville was such a cute town. There were lots of great shops, bars, and restaurants, and it was great to see where Grady has spent so much time.
After a day in Fayetteville, we headed to Eureka Springs, which may be one of the most interesting places I have ever been. It was such a cute little town, built into the hillside in the Ozarks. It felt very European, and made me think of my time studying in Innsbruck.
Several of the Hotels in Eureka are allegedly haunted, having been built in the 1800s and early 1900s. Our hotel is one of these, but we didn't see anything to cause concern :). The most famous hotel, which has been on Ghost Hunters actually, is the Crescent...very beautiful but definitely creepy but a great view!
It was a great trip! We had a blast celebrating the 4th of July and most importantly - our engagement!






YAY!!! Thanks for posting :) Yall look so happy! Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sara and have been waiting on this post. Keep the details coming!!
ReplyDeleteI love your ring V!!! Yall make such a cute couple! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHURRAY!!! The ring is so absolutely perfect!! Great job, Grady! Can't wait to celebrate in person. Love you both!
ReplyDelete